"Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future." John F Kennedy
At APIE, our mission focuses on two broad themes:
Access to Education
- To encourage ongoing education for all, regardless of gender, means or ability.
- To further the UN Millennium Development Goals, most specifically the achievement of universal primary education by 2015.
- To facilitate and improve basic literacy and numeracy to enhance lives and livelihoods.
- To promote creativity, critical thinking and cognitive skills as essential tools for social empowerment and community development.
- To motivate parents, teachers and pupils to take an active role in an holistic education that caters for individual needs and abilities.